Friday, March 1, 2013

Cool U.S. Geography Resources

I am fortunate enough to have 6 iPads in my classroom this year. One of my students' favorite apps is "Stack the States". It has all the fun of a game, while helping kids, (and maybe even some adults), learn cool facts about the 50 states. The same developer also makes a version called "Stack the Countries".

Another wonderful resource for geography is this awesome video about the 50 states and capitals. My students love to watch it on the SmartBoard when we have a few extra minutes. (Hah! Who am I kidding? We never have any EXTRA minutes, but I make time for this video a few times a week.) We're wondering how long it really took the guy to do all the drawings!

And of course, we can't forget an oldy, but goody..."Fifty Nifty United States". Every year my class learns this song, and forever more, they know all 50 states in alphabetical order.

What are your favorite quick videos or apps to use with your students?

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment